Decorating with Family Photography
I’ve been working on a guide to hanging family photos. It’s in the works as an adobe spark page at the moment. I wanted to share a few images that will eventually get into the guide. And as I was pulling out the props for those images – I realized I had a few images that needed to make their way onto our walls. I did, after all, get them printed (yay me!) and framed (double yay!!). So that’s what I will be doing this afternoon. Finishing up projects. And I can confirm that this does, in fact, feel good.
How to Hang Family Pictures on the Wall
Our home reflects our personal style and is filled with the things that make us both happy. And your should too. After all your space tells your story.
Family portraits add warmth and communicate the love in your family. Choosing which images to print and frame can be a fun way to show your personalities. When you incorporate family portraits into your home, you and your children see your loved ones and understand your place within the larger community.
Family photos don’t have to be reserved for private spaces. I like to mix it up and have out family images integrated with all the other things we’ve collected; artwork, flea market finds, random glass animals and the plants that are hanging on for dear life.
Start with a plan. These are the kind of things you should know the answers to.
- Where are you going to put the photograph?
- What size should you get the image printed? (Usually it’s bigger than you think)
- What kind of frame would look best for the space it’s going to inhabit and the actual image? How much are you willing to spend on a frame?
- Do you know where you hammer is? Or do you need to borrow a neighbor’s concrete/brick drill bit.
My Favorite Places to Hang Family Photos
- Hallways – literally make a visual journey for the walk
- Staircases – usually underutilized wall space
- Entryway – what you see first and last
- Family Room – set the tone for how you like to enjoy time together
- Kitchen – mix it up with photos & art & menus!
The rest of the guide will be ready soon! Lots of pictures for inspiration. Plus tremendous hand modeling by my sweetheart.